Join Our Team: Deputy Chief of Operations
Graham Fire & Rescue is currently recruiting for a Deputy Chief of Operations.
The Deputy Chief (DC) is a full-time, salaried, FLSA overtime exempt, non-represented position.
Under direction of the Fire Chief, this position is accountable to provide supervisory and technical assistance, staff support, as well as the services of a line officer. Performance is evaluated by the Fire Chief through observation of daily activities, review of reports, briefings, program effectiveness, and degree of harmony with citizens and members.
We are seeking an individual with the ability and skill to effectively:
- Lead project management.
- Lead and direct forces under stressful and hazardous conditions.
- Deal with social and economic issues that impact the community and the District.
- Listen to and invite opinions of diverse groups and take them under advisement.
- Maintain an effective working relationship within the District which maximizes the service potential and maintains an environment in which employees are eager and proud to serve.
- Work closely with peers to establish and ensure effective coordination of organizational planning and policies.
- Work with the general public, members, media, and related agencies.
- Exercise sound judgment and management control in personnel and labor relations.
- Interact with the Fire Chief and the Board of Fire Commissioners in a confidential manner as a member of the management team.
- Must have a full-time permanent appointment rank of Battalion Chief or higher.
- Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s degree desired. College coursework must be in the discipline of communication, personnel management, emergency services or general organizational management.
- Experience in the development of employees and the work environment, demonstrated highest ethical behavior for self and others.
- Must be a citizen of the United States or lawfully permanent resident and able to read and write the English language as specified in RCW 41.
Click here to view the full announcement and application.
Deadline to apply is August 20, 2021 at 5:00 PM.