Graham Fire & Rescue Fires Up the Pizza Oven with Local Domino’s
Graham Domino’s, located at 9805 224th St E is teaming up with Graham Fire & Rescue to promote fire safety during Fire Prevention Week (Oct. 9-15, 2022).
On Wednesday, Oct. 12 from 1-5 p.m. and Thursday, Oct. 13 from 2-5 p.m., anyone who orders a Domino’s pizza may be surprised at the door when their pizza arrives accompanied by Graham Fire & Rescue firefighters. Firefighters will check smoke alarms in the home, if they are working, Domino’s will provide a certificate for a free pizza. If the smoke alarms are not working, firefighters will install fully-functioning alarms or replace the batteries.
This year’s Fire Prevention Week theme, “Fire Won’t Wait, Plan Your Escape”, works to educate everyone about simple but important actions they can take to keep themselves and those around them safe from home fires.
“It’s important for everyone to plan and practice a home fire escape. Everyone needs to be prepared in advance, so that they know what to do when the smoke alarm sounds. Given that every home is different, every home fire escape plan will also be different,” said Community Outreach Officer Brianna Baker. “Have a plan for everyone in the home. Children, older adults, and people with disabilities may need assistance to wake up and get out. Make sure that someone will help them!”
Graham Fire & Rescue wants to share these key home fire escape planning tips:
- Make sure your plan meets the needs of all your family members, including those with sensory or physical disabilities.
- Smoke alarms should be installed inside every sleeping room, outside each separate sleeping area, and on every level of your home. Smoke alarms should be interconnected so when one sounds, they all sound.
- Know at least two ways out of every room, if possible. Make sure all doors and windows open easily.
- Have an outside meeting place a safe distance from your home where everyone should meet.
- Practice your home fire drill at least twice a year with everyone in the household, including guests. Practice at least once during the day and at night.
Customers can call Domino’s in Graham at 253-847-8393 to place their order for a chance to be randomly selected to have their pizza delivery accompanied by firefighters.
Due to the high demand associated with this event, Graham firefighters will not be able to go on every pizza delivery.
Our neighbors at Central Pierce Fire & Rescue have partnered with the Domino’s on South Hill, located at 16420 Meridian Ave E Ste 103, Puyallup, WA 98375, to conduct the same activity on Wednesday, Oct. 12 and Thursday, Oct. 13 from 1-5 p.m. Customers who live in this store’s delivery area can call the South Hill Domino’s at 253-289-6161 to place their order for a chance to be randomly selected to have their pizza delivery accompanied by firefighters.