Pierce County Professional Female Fire Camp
The Pierce County Professional Female Fire Camp is a FREE two-day camp designed to simulate a mini fire academy with a focus on confidence building, leadership, teamwork, and life skills in a fire-based environment.
Led by Graham Fire & Rescue’s female firefighters, the purpose of the Pierce County Professional Female Fire Camp is to introduce young women, grades 9th – 12th, to career opportunities within the fire service, and allow them to experience what it’s like to be a firefighter.
2021 Camp Dates
October 9 & 10, 2021 | 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Graham Fire & Rescue – Station 93
8102 304th Street E, Graham, WA 98338
- Lunch will be provided
- This is not an overnight program
Day 1 activities will include:
- Morning Physical Fitness Training
- Putting on Bunker Gear and a Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA)
- Hose Handling
- Using a Fire Extinguisher
- Search and Rescue
- Medical Skills
- Teaming Building Exercises
The skills learned on day 1 will be put to test on day 2, as the group comes together and simulates fighting a fire. Day 2 will conclude with a small graduation celebration, parents/guardians are encouraged to attend.
The ultimate goal is for participants to leave with a sense of empowerment and the confidence to believe that they can achieve any goal or career they desire.
The Female Fire Camp is currently at capacity. Waitlist applications are being accepted. Deadline to apply is Friday, August 13, 2021.
Our Female Fire Camp will simulate some of the physical demands of firefighting. Participants may be asked to participate in any of the following activities:
- Carry and push 20 pounds of equipment;
- Wear 40 pounds of gear;
- Participate in physical exercises including running, sit-ups, squats, and pushups;
- Be able to advance a hose line with a partner weighing approximately 20 pounds;
- Crawl through a maze;
- Raise a ladder pulling 20 pounds; and
- As a team, force entry with a tool with about 20 pounds of force per camper.
If you have additional questions about the camp, or the application process please email: firstname.lastname@example.org