Frequently Asked Questions

Our administrative staff is available Monday through Friday, 8AM to 430PM to answer any questions you may have. We also the answers to many questions that come up frequently listed here. Simply click on the question to expand the answer. In no particular order, here are some FAQs:

What is the current burn ban status?

The current burn ban status can be seen on the top-right corner of this webpage, under our primary contact information. You can also visit Puget Sound Clean Air Agency or call 1-800-595-4341 for over-the-phone Air Quality Ban status. Fire Safety Bans, often placed in effect during the dry summer months, are regulated jointly by the Department of Natural Resources and the Fire Marshal. For more information on Fire Safety Bans, please visit the Pierce County Fire Marshal website. For additional burning information, including permits, rules and regulations, etc., visit our Burning Info page.

How can I volunteer with Graham Fire & Rescue?

Graham Fire & Rescue offers several opportunities for volunteering. For more comprehensive information on what volunteering programs are available and how to apply, please visit our Volunteer page.

How do I log a burn complaint with Graham Fire & Rescue?

If the burning in question is currently happening and you wish to have it addressed immediately, you can call 911 to have an crew dispatched to the location to investigate the burn. If the burning is not currently happening you can visit our Contact page and select Burn Complaint from the inquiry type to send us our Deputy Chief an email, which he will promptly respond to. If you prefer to speak with someone directly, Deputy Chief Judd can be reached at 253-548-2502.

My cat (or someone elses cat) is stuck in a tree. Can we call you to help?

While we would like to be able to respond to each and every citizen concern, we just don't have the resources to help cats from trees. However, Cat In A Tree Emergency Rescue has a directory of cat-rescue climbers who are willing to attempt to get your furry friend off the limb. Visit for more information.

Do you have bike helmets?

Yes: we have regular helmets and sport helmets. Regular helmets are $7 and sport helmets are $10. To purchase you and the wearer must visit our headquarters station at 23014 70th Ave E, Graham, WA 98338 for a fitting, Monday through Friday 8am until 4pm. More information can also be found on our Public Education page.

Who is responsible for the removal of deceased animals from the roadway?

Pierce County Animal Services is equipped to handle the removal of deceased animals. They can be reached at 253-798-7387.

Do you offer First Aid and/or CPR training?

Our First Aid and CPR training is offered through Cascade Healthcare Services. They offer First Aid with CPR & AED, CPR & AED, and First Aid. Visit Cascade Healthcare Services for registration information.

Do you inspect car seats?

We do not inspect car seats. However, Mary Bridge Center for Childhood Safety at 253-403-1234 and Good Samaritan Hospital at 253-403-1417 are both willing to schedule an appointment to inspect your car seats. Additional car seat safety information can be found on the Mary Bridge website.

How can I dispose of needles, syringes, lancets and blades?

"Sharps" are any type of sharp medical instrument that comes into contact with blood or other body fluids. Needles, syringes, lancets and blades are all considered "sharps" and need to be disposed of properly. The Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department has put together a helpful document that describes how to properly dispose of your personal sharps, or where to take them for disposal. Download the TPCHD document here.

My American Flag is faded and tattered. How can I dispose of it without throwing it in the trash?

American Legion Puyallup
309 14th St SE
Puyallup, WA 98372

VFW Post 2224 (Puyallup)
120 2nd St NE
Puyallup, WA 98372

More information:

Where can I disposed of old/partially used medications?

Puyallup Police Department
311 W Pioneer Way
Puyallup, WA 98371
Monday-Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm
Accepts controlled substances

Pierce County Sheriff's Department - South Hill Precinct
271 John Bananola Way East
Puyallup, WA 98374
Monday-Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm
Accepts controlled substances

Or visit Take Back Your Meds to find more information and a location close to you.



Follow us on:
Graham Fire FacebookFacebook
Graham Fire TwitterTwitter